Mittwoch, 15. Oktober 2008

People who get up early piss me off



http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1682290

ALAS! here it is, proof that my day is longer than other people's! (the link, not the worm) I've been saying for a long time that I need 9 hours of sleep and 18 hours awake every day. Otherwise, i cant wake up and I cant fall asleep. Its SO FRUSTRATING when people say I should wake up and fall asleep at a certain time when my body is blatantly telling me otherwise.

I have never in my life been able to keep a "steady" sleep cycle for longer than about 3 days. If left alone, my sleep cycle will push back so quickly that I have to "reset" by the end of the week (ie skip a night all together) just to be awake during business hours. So based on personal experience through many frustrations and failures, my estimate for my own circadian rhythm = 9hrs sleep + 18hrs awake= 27 hours. In this article, based on genetics, your sleep cycle can vary from 24hrs in .8 hour increments with a minimum of 20hrs and maximum of 28hrs. So my adjusted estimate for my own circadian rhythm- 27.2 hours.

What now, bitches? Now that science has legitimized my sleep habits, nothing can stop me!!!

Keine Kommentare: